GCSE results: Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School, Hatfield
THE GCSE performance of girls at Bishop’s Hatfield was summed up in two words – “remarkable progress”.
After the A Level successes of last week, Bishop’s girls, their parents and their teachers are now celebrating excellent GCSE results.
An impressive 67 per cent of girls achieved five A* to C grades including core subjects English and Maths.
The school said the results were “way beyond what was predicted for this year group based on their attainment when they started with us”.
In all 90.72 per cent of girls achieved five A* to C grades across all subjects. Overall, 35 per cent of all the GCSE grades were either A* or A, with fantastic results in the triple sciences, modern foreign languages and ICT.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Theodora Nickson said: “We are incredibly proud of our girls’ achievement which is a real testament to the hard work put in by the girls and their teachers, all made possible by continuing support from parents and carers. “
She added: “These fantastic results mean that the girls start their A-levels with confidence of future success, aspiring to places in top universities.”
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return