GCSE results: Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School, Hatfield
THE GCSE performance of girls at Bishop’s Hatfield was summed up in two words – “remarkable progress”.
After the A Level successes of last week, Bishop’s girls, their parents and their teachers are now celebrating excellent GCSE results.
An impressive 67 per cent of girls achieved five A* to C grades including core subjects English and Maths.
The school said the results were “way beyond what was predicted for this year group based on their attainment when they started with us”.
In all 90.72 per cent of girls achieved five A* to C grades across all subjects. Overall, 35 per cent of all the GCSE grades were either A* or A, with fantastic results in the triple sciences, modern foreign languages and ICT.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Theodora Nickson said: “We are incredibly proud of our girls’ achievement which is a real testament to the hard work put in by the girls and their teachers, all made possible by continuing support from parents and carers. “
She added: “These fantastic results mean that the girls start their A-levels with confidence of future success, aspiring to places in top universities.”
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 10 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day