GCSE Results 2017: Queenswood School in Brookmans Park
- Credit: Archant
Queenswood School in Brookmans Park is celebrating another year of successful GCSE results today.
With over two thirds of pupils getting A*-A grades and an impressive 88% getting A*-B, Queenswood’s Year 11 pupils are celebrating.
Thirty-five per cent of all grades were A*, with 82% A*-A in English literature, 71% in maths and 68% across the sciences.
In history and modern languages, 74% and 78% of grades were A* or A.
Principal Jo Cameron said: “We are extremely proud of these fantastic results.
You may also want to watch:
“They are a real testament to the dedication and determination of our students and staff.
“These results prove that a Queenswood education adds real value.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
“Girls here attain at least one grade per subject higher than expectation.
“They will now embark on their A-level and Pre-U courses with great confidence and ambition.”
• For more GCSE results day news, visit our Education section at www.whtimes.co.uk/news/education