GCSE Results 2017: Queenswood School in Brookmans Park
- Credit: Archant
Queenswood School in Brookmans Park is celebrating another year of successful GCSE results today.
With over two thirds of pupils getting A*-A grades and an impressive 88% getting A*-B, Queenswood’s Year 11 pupils are celebrating.
Thirty-five per cent of all grades were A*, with 82% A*-A in English literature, 71% in maths and 68% across the sciences.
In history and modern languages, 74% and 78% of grades were A* or A.
Principal Jo Cameron said: “We are extremely proud of these fantastic results.
You may also want to watch:
“They are a real testament to the dedication and determination of our students and staff.
“These results prove that a Queenswood education adds real value.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 3 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 4 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 10 Brookmans Park pub celebrates welcoming back visitors on April 12
“Girls here attain at least one grade per subject higher than expectation.
“They will now embark on their A-level and Pre-U courses with great confidence and ambition.”
• For more GCSE results day news, visit our Education section at www.whtimes.co.uk/news/education