GCSE Results 2017: Mount Grace School in Potters Bar
- Credit: Image supplied by Mount Grace School
In spite of the changes to GCSEs this year Mount Grace School pupils in Potters Bar have exceeded the school’s best ever results by at least 10%.
Another great day of celebration was underway at Mount Grace School this morning when Year 11 students received their GCSE Results.
One in five of all grades awarded were A* - A and fifteen pupils achieved seven or more of these top grades including Ollie Campbell-Lendrum, Victoria Cope, Sophie Gueli, Tomas Hay, Lucas Heighington, Sharaf Hossain, Ryan Hilton, James Hughes, Aroon Lad, Abbie Longley, Ervin Metushi, Harsh Patel, Fahim Qurashi, Luke Stone and Maudie Winfield.
Headteacher Peter Baker said: “These really are phenomenal results and exceed our best ever by at least 10%.
“In spite of the changes to GCSE English and maths, our students have demonstrated greatresilience.
You may also want to watch:
“This year group have surpassed all expectations and I congratulate them on their success.
“They have made their families and teachers very proud.”
• For more GCSE results day news, visit our Education section at www.whtimes.co.uk/news/education
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 5 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 6 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?