GCSE results 2016: Stanborough School
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Stanborough School in Lemsford Lane celebrated after receiving their GCSE results this morning.
Top achievers were Shogo Washio and Jack Byrne, who both received eight A*s and three As.
Jack said: “I’m really happy with the results.
“I put a lot of work into them and I am happy to see it pay off. I think it will help me in the future.”
Milly McAlister, who achieved three A*s, four As, three Bs and a C, said: “I’m happy. I thought I was going to fail geography but then I got an A*.”
You may also want to watch:
Rory Baxter, who was awarded three A*s, six As and one B, said: “I am ecstatic.
“I got an A in English and that’s better than I ever expected.”
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
Rory is going on to study maths, further maths, computing and physics at A-Level.
Headteacher Peter Brown said: “We are extremely proud of our students’ achievements.
“This is down to their hard work and commitment to their studies along with the dedication of our staff who help the students to achieve beyond their best.
“We are also proud of the strong partnership we have with parents who play a key role in helping their child achieve at the highest level.
“As a result of these superb results, a very high number of students will be staying on in our excellent sixth form to continue their education at Stanborough.”