GCSE results 2016: Stanborough School
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Stanborough School in Lemsford Lane celebrated after receiving their GCSE results this morning.
Top achievers were Shogo Washio and Jack Byrne, who both received eight A*s and three As.
Jack said: “I’m really happy with the results.
“I put a lot of work into them and I am happy to see it pay off. I think it will help me in the future.”
Milly McAlister, who achieved three A*s, four As, three Bs and a C, said: “I’m happy. I thought I was going to fail geography but then I got an A*.”
You may also want to watch:
Rory Baxter, who was awarded three A*s, six As and one B, said: “I am ecstatic.
“I got an A in English and that’s better than I ever expected.”
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 4 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 7 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
Rory is going on to study maths, further maths, computing and physics at A-Level.
Headteacher Peter Brown said: “We are extremely proud of our students’ achievements.
“This is down to their hard work and commitment to their studies along with the dedication of our staff who help the students to achieve beyond their best.
“We are also proud of the strong partnership we have with parents who play a key role in helping their child achieve at the highest level.
“As a result of these superb results, a very high number of students will be staying on in our excellent sixth form to continue their education at Stanborough.”