GCSE results 2016: Stanborough School
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Stanborough School in Lemsford Lane celebrated after receiving their GCSE results this morning.
Top achievers were Shogo Washio and Jack Byrne, who both received eight A*s and three As.
Jack said: “I’m really happy with the results.
“I put a lot of work into them and I am happy to see it pay off. I think it will help me in the future.”
Milly McAlister, who achieved three A*s, four As, three Bs and a C, said: “I’m happy. I thought I was going to fail geography but then I got an A*.”
You may also want to watch:
Rory Baxter, who was awarded three A*s, six As and one B, said: “I am ecstatic.
“I got an A in English and that’s better than I ever expected.”
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 9 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
Rory is going on to study maths, further maths, computing and physics at A-Level.
Headteacher Peter Brown said: “We are extremely proud of our students’ achievements.
“This is down to their hard work and commitment to their studies along with the dedication of our staff who help the students to achieve beyond their best.
“We are also proud of the strong partnership we have with parents who play a key role in helping their child achieve at the highest level.
“As a result of these superb results, a very high number of students will be staying on in our excellent sixth form to continue their education at Stanborough.”