GCSE results 2016: Sir Frederic Osborn School
- Credit: Archant
Excitement was in the air this morning at Sir Frederic Osborn School in Welwyn Garden City as teenagers collected their GCSE results.
There were lots of happy faces as teenagers opened their envelopes.
Headteacher Jed Whelan said: “The students and staff at Sir Frederic Osborn School have worked exceptionally hard this year and deserve to be hugely proud of their achievements.
“The staff and parents/carers have supported them admirably in their efforts and it is very satisfying to see the fruits of their labour fulfilled.
“We are delighted that these results reflect some outstanding performances by our students.”
You may also want to watch:
Outstanding individual performers who obtained 7 A*-A grades or more include:
Nick Brown: 7 As and 1 A*
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
Lydia Frost: 6 As and 4 A*s
Lillith Nelhans: 4 As and 5 A*s
Kayleigh Plumb: 7 As
Lauren Simson: 3 As and 5 A*s
Olivia Thackeray: 4 As and 6 A*s
Sabrina Walsh: 5 As and 2 A*s
Mr Whelan added: “As well as acknowledging the results of high achievers, we would like to celebrate the many success stories of all the individuals who have worked incredibly hard to achieve what may appear to be relatively modest grades by comparison but which actually represent phenomenal progress.
“We would also like to praise the work of the primary school teachers who laid the foundations for the achievements of our students.”