GCSE results 2016: Queenswood School
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Queenswood School in Hatfield celebrated their success after picking up their GCSE results.
The pupils acheived 84 per cent A* to B grades.
In maths, 50 per cent of all candidates received an A*, while two thirds of pupils who took French and Spanish were awarded A*s.
Latin was recently reintroduced into the curriculum, and 100 per cent of candidates achieved an A*.
Almost half of the year group received at least eight A* to A grades, with one pupil amassing an impressive 14 A*s.
You may also want to watch:
Queenswood’s new headteacher, Jo Cameron, said: “We are very pleased with these GCSE results.
“They represent a great deal of hard work and commitment on the part of the girls and the staff, and are proof of the exceptional ‘added value’ of a Queenswood education.
- 1 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 3 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 4 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
“Our girls now enter the Sixth Form with real confidence as they embark upon their chosen A-level and Pre-U courses.”