GCSE results 2016: Queenswood School
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Queenswood School in Hatfield celebrated their success after picking up their GCSE results.
The pupils acheived 84 per cent A* to B grades.
In maths, 50 per cent of all candidates received an A*, while two thirds of pupils who took French and Spanish were awarded A*s.
Latin was recently reintroduced into the curriculum, and 100 per cent of candidates achieved an A*.
Almost half of the year group received at least eight A* to A grades, with one pupil amassing an impressive 14 A*s.
You may also want to watch:
Queenswood’s new headteacher, Jo Cameron, said: “We are very pleased with these GCSE results.
“They represent a great deal of hard work and commitment on the part of the girls and the staff, and are proof of the exceptional ‘added value’ of a Queenswood education.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 8 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
“Our girls now enter the Sixth Form with real confidence as they embark upon their chosen A-level and Pre-U courses.”