GCSE results 2016: Queenswood School
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Queenswood School in Hatfield celebrated their success after picking up their GCSE results.
The pupils acheived 84 per cent A* to B grades.
In maths, 50 per cent of all candidates received an A*, while two thirds of pupils who took French and Spanish were awarded A*s.
Latin was recently reintroduced into the curriculum, and 100 per cent of candidates achieved an A*.
Almost half of the year group received at least eight A* to A grades, with one pupil amassing an impressive 14 A*s.
You may also want to watch:
Queenswood’s new headteacher, Jo Cameron, said: “We are very pleased with these GCSE results.
“They represent a great deal of hard work and commitment on the part of the girls and the staff, and are proof of the exceptional ‘added value’ of a Queenswood education.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
“Our girls now enter the Sixth Form with real confidence as they embark upon their chosen A-level and Pre-U courses.”