GCSE results 2016: Queenswood School
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Queenswood School in Hatfield celebrated their success after picking up their GCSE results.
The pupils acheived 84 per cent A* to B grades.
In maths, 50 per cent of all candidates received an A*, while two thirds of pupils who took French and Spanish were awarded A*s.
Latin was recently reintroduced into the curriculum, and 100 per cent of candidates achieved an A*.
Almost half of the year group received at least eight A* to A grades, with one pupil amassing an impressive 14 A*s.
You may also want to watch:
Queenswood’s new headteacher, Jo Cameron, said: “We are very pleased with these GCSE results.
“They represent a great deal of hard work and commitment on the part of the girls and the staff, and are proof of the exceptional ‘added value’ of a Queenswood education.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 8 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
“Our girls now enter the Sixth Form with real confidence as they embark upon their chosen A-level and Pre-U courses.”