GCSE results 2016: Chancellor’s School in Brookmans Park
- Credit: Archant
Teenagers were jumping for joy at Chancellor’s School in Brookmans Park yesterday after receiving impressive GCSE results.
In addition to a further rise in the school’s A* to C measure there were an impressive number of youngsters achieving the very top grades.
Cristina Hemmett (11 A*s, one A), Sean Wright (11 A*s and one A), Dylan Grice (11 A*s and one A) and Hoe Yin Chai (10 A*s and one A) were some of the highest attaining students achieving a string of straight A* and A grades.
This year schools are required to report on the progress made by students and Chancellor’s has achieved a positive progress score with a large number of pupils significantly outperforming government expectations.
Students making excellent progress included Kenny Chui (two As, two Bs, four Cs), Baran Serdaroglu (two As, five Bs, two Cs), Lauren Telling (one A*, one A, one B, five C) and Maria Christofi (one A*, five Bs, four Cs).
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher David Croston said: “The GCSE results day is always a very special occasion.
“It has been lovely to see the students’ delight as they reap the rewards of their hard work and dedication.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 5 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 6 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 8 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
“As always, I must thank the staff and parent bodies for their commitment and ongoing support.
“There have been many outstanding performances and I look forward to welcoming our students into our Sixth Form in September.”