GCSE results 2016: Chancellor’s School in Brookmans Park
- Credit: Archant
Teenagers were jumping for joy at Chancellor’s School in Brookmans Park yesterday after receiving impressive GCSE results.
In addition to a further rise in the school’s A* to C measure there were an impressive number of youngsters achieving the very top grades.
Cristina Hemmett (11 A*s, one A), Sean Wright (11 A*s and one A), Dylan Grice (11 A*s and one A) and Hoe Yin Chai (10 A*s and one A) were some of the highest attaining students achieving a string of straight A* and A grades.
This year schools are required to report on the progress made by students and Chancellor’s has achieved a positive progress score with a large number of pupils significantly outperforming government expectations.
Students making excellent progress included Kenny Chui (two As, two Bs, four Cs), Baran Serdaroglu (two As, five Bs, two Cs), Lauren Telling (one A*, one A, one B, five C) and Maria Christofi (one A*, five Bs, four Cs).
Headteacher David Croston said: “The GCSE results day is always a very special occasion.
“It has been lovely to see the students’ delight as they reap the rewards of their hard work and dedication.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 4 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 7 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
- 10 Flooding in Hatfield 'damages' vehicles
“As always, I must thank the staff and parent bodies for their commitment and ongoing support.
“There have been many outstanding performances and I look forward to welcoming our students into our Sixth Form in September.”