GCSE results 2015: Stanborough School
- Credit: Archant
Stanborough School had 67 per cent of students achieve at least 5 A*-C grades in their GCSEs.
In English 65 per cent of students achieved a C or above, in maths it was 70 per cent, and in science 72 per cent of students achieved a C or higher.
Notable achievers were Tasha Ormrod, Amy Peacock and Thomas Pink, each with eight A*s and two As.
Also, Amy Cross got five A*s, four As and a B, while Joshua Mirek achieved five A*s, three As and two Bs.
Head teacher, Peter Brown, said: “Our students have done very well.
You may also want to watch:
“Their hard work, the excellent teaching they have received at Stanborough and the support of their parents has led to this great success.
“We are all very proud of their achievements.”
* For more GCSE results news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ education section.
- 1 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 2 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 7 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 8 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- 9 Multiple fines issued to partygoers at 'dangerous' music event
- 10 Crashes and flooding on A1(M) and M25 causing delays