GCSE results 2015: Stanborough School
- Credit: Archant
Stanborough School had 67 per cent of students achieve at least 5 A*-C grades in their GCSEs.
In English 65 per cent of students achieved a C or above, in maths it was 70 per cent, and in science 72 per cent of students achieved a C or higher.
Notable achievers were Tasha Ormrod, Amy Peacock and Thomas Pink, each with eight A*s and two As.
Also, Amy Cross got five A*s, four As and a B, while Joshua Mirek achieved five A*s, three As and two Bs.
Head teacher, Peter Brown, said: “Our students have done very well.
You may also want to watch:
“Their hard work, the excellent teaching they have received at Stanborough and the support of their parents has led to this great success.
“We are all very proud of their achievements.”
* For more GCSE results news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ education section.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 6 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield