GCSE results 2015: Sir Frederic Osborn School
- Credit: Archant
Sir Frederic Osborn School achieved record-breaking GCSE results.
The school had 49 per cent of students attain five A*-C grades including English and maths – the highest in it’s history and up 10 percentage points from last year.
Head teacher, Glen Pettengell, said: “We are extremely proud of every student, for their efforts and the grades they have achieved across the whole ability range, especially those who worked hard enough to secure or even exceed their personal targets.
“We would however like to highlight the exceptional success of Joshua Aylott, Chloe Garoghan, Charley Holloway-Biddle, Tara Pooley-Green, Tosin Sowemimo and Matthew Westcott, who all achieved A* and A grades in seven or more of their subjects.
“A special mention for Charley who achieved six A* grades and five A grades. Incredible.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to wish all students success and happiness in the next stages of their careers whatever their future endeavours may be.”
* For more GCSE results news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ education section.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 5 films and TV series shot on location at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign