GCSE results 2015: Sir Frederic Osborn School
- Credit: Archant
Sir Frederic Osborn School achieved record-breaking GCSE results.
The school had 49 per cent of students attain five A*-C grades including English and maths – the highest in it’s history and up 10 percentage points from last year.
Head teacher, Glen Pettengell, said: “We are extremely proud of every student, for their efforts and the grades they have achieved across the whole ability range, especially those who worked hard enough to secure or even exceed their personal targets.
“We would however like to highlight the exceptional success of Joshua Aylott, Chloe Garoghan, Charley Holloway-Biddle, Tara Pooley-Green, Tosin Sowemimo and Matthew Westcott, who all achieved A* and A grades in seven or more of their subjects.
“A special mention for Charley who achieved six A* grades and five A grades. Incredible.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to wish all students success and happiness in the next stages of their careers whatever their future endeavours may be.”
* For more GCSE results news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ education section.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 5 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Hatfield United up and running in Herts County League cup after defeat of Hertford Heath