GCSE results 2015: Sir Frederic Osborn School
- Credit: Archant
Sir Frederic Osborn School achieved record-breaking GCSE results.
The school had 49 per cent of students attain five A*-C grades including English and maths – the highest in it’s history and up 10 percentage points from last year.
Head teacher, Glen Pettengell, said: “We are extremely proud of every student, for their efforts and the grades they have achieved across the whole ability range, especially those who worked hard enough to secure or even exceed their personal targets.
“We would however like to highlight the exceptional success of Joshua Aylott, Chloe Garoghan, Charley Holloway-Biddle, Tara Pooley-Green, Tosin Sowemimo and Matthew Westcott, who all achieved A* and A grades in seven or more of their subjects.
“A special mention for Charley who achieved six A* grades and five A grades. Incredible.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to wish all students success and happiness in the next stages of their careers whatever their future endeavours may be.”
* For more GCSE results news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ education section.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire