GCSE results 2015: Sir Frederic Osborn School
- Credit: Archant
Sir Frederic Osborn School achieved record-breaking GCSE results.
The school had 49 per cent of students attain five A*-C grades including English and maths – the highest in it’s history and up 10 percentage points from last year.
Head teacher, Glen Pettengell, said: “We are extremely proud of every student, for their efforts and the grades they have achieved across the whole ability range, especially those who worked hard enough to secure or even exceed their personal targets.
“We would however like to highlight the exceptional success of Joshua Aylott, Chloe Garoghan, Charley Holloway-Biddle, Tara Pooley-Green, Tosin Sowemimo and Matthew Westcott, who all achieved A* and A grades in seven or more of their subjects.
“A special mention for Charley who achieved six A* grades and five A grades. Incredible.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to wish all students success and happiness in the next stages of their careers whatever their future endeavours may be.”
* For more GCSE results news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ education section.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 3 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 4 Three taken to hospital following 'head-on' collision
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 Police disperse large group near the university
- 7 Armed police, helicopter and dogs search village after injured man taken to hospital
- 8 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average