GCSE results 2015: Queenswood School
- Credit: Archant
Queenswood School students have achieved record breaking GCSE results again.
Students have achieved record-breaking results for the second year running – with 46% of all grades achieved being an A*, the school’s highest ever tally.
Also, more than half of the year group gained at least eight A* or As, and 100 per cent of girls achieved five A*-C grades including English and maths.
Results in maths were particularly strong, with over half of students gaining an A*.
School principal, Pauline Edgar, said: “These results are exceptional, and confirm Queenswood’s position as a leading academic school.
You may also want to watch:
“Once again, the dedication, determination and creativity of our students and teachers have been justly rewarded, and the girls will enter the Sixth Form full of confidence.”
* For more GCSE results news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ education section.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 7 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?