GCSE results 2015: Queenswood School
- Credit: Archant
Queenswood School students have achieved record breaking GCSE results again.
Students have achieved record-breaking results for the second year running – with 46% of all grades achieved being an A*, the school’s highest ever tally.
Also, more than half of the year group gained at least eight A* or As, and 100 per cent of girls achieved five A*-C grades including English and maths.
Results in maths were particularly strong, with over half of students gaining an A*.
School principal, Pauline Edgar, said: “These results are exceptional, and confirm Queenswood’s position as a leading academic school.
You may also want to watch:
“Once again, the dedication, determination and creativity of our students and teachers have been justly rewarded, and the girls will enter the Sixth Form full of confidence.”
* For more GCSE results news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ education section.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 9 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses