GCSE results 2015: Mount Grace School
- Credit: Archant
Following last week’s success at A-level, students in Year 11 have responded in kind and by achieving the best GCSE results in years.
Fifty per cent of students achieved the gold standard of five A*–C grades including English and maths, and over 90 students achieved five A*-C or better overall.
Particularly notable performers at the Potters Bar school were Lorraine Aldridge, Nicole Bissett, Billy Campbell-Lendrum, Nicola Hajittofis, Jack Hetherington, Dan Ionta, Matthew Mcardle, Hayden Stone and Jake Trounce, who all achieved six or more A*-A grades.
Headteacher Peter Baker said: “This is yet another great set of figures, equalling the fantastic results in 2010, with more demanding GCSE exams than ever before.
“Worthy of a special mention are two students, Jack and Dan, who had a clean sweep of all A*-A grades in this summer’s exams.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “This Year 11 worked really hard, staying focussed right up until the final exams … they deserve this success. They have made their families and teachers very proud.
“We now look forward to working with them in our sixth form to ensure further success in 2017.”
* For more GCSE results news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ education section.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 4 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 7 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night