GCSE results 2015: Dame Alice Owen’s School
- Credit: Archant
Dame Alice Owen’s School had 92 per cent of students achieve five A*-C grades including English and maths, and 95.6 per cent achieving the same without.
Also, 31.8 per cent of grades achieved were an A*, and 32.9 per sent were an A.
The Potters Bar school’s headteacher, Dr Alan Davison, said: “Congratulations to all students and staff for all the hard work that secured these outstanding results.
“Every year the Department for Education raise the standards and our students still come out on top.”
Peter Martin, chair of governors, said: “I am absolutely delighted to see our students getting the richly deserved rewards for all their hard work.
You may also want to watch:
“I congratulate students, teachers and parents on a brilliant set of results.”
* For more GCSE results news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ education section.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre