GCSE results 2015: Dame Alice Owen’s School
- Credit: Archant
Dame Alice Owen’s School had 92 per cent of students achieve five A*-C grades including English and maths, and 95.6 per cent achieving the same without.
Also, 31.8 per cent of grades achieved were an A*, and 32.9 per sent were an A.
The Potters Bar school’s headteacher, Dr Alan Davison, said: “Congratulations to all students and staff for all the hard work that secured these outstanding results.
“Every year the Department for Education raise the standards and our students still come out on top.”
Peter Martin, chair of governors, said: “I am absolutely delighted to see our students getting the richly deserved rewards for all their hard work.
You may also want to watch:
“I congratulate students, teachers and parents on a brilliant set of results.”
* For more GCSE results news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ education section.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 10 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average