GCSE results 2015: Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School
- Credit: Archant
Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School achieved it’s best ever set of GCSE results.
Five A*-C grades including English and maths were achieved by 77.68 per cent of students, while 30 per cent of overall grades were either an A* or A.
Additionally, 20 girls achieved at least eight A* or A grades.
Particularly notable performers were Coral Smith and Anoushka Odera, who achieved 10 A* grades and one A, and 10* grades, respectively.
The EBACC score, which measures the percentage of students that achieved six A*-C grades in English, maths, two sciences, a modern foreign language and either history or geography, was 52.68 per cent.
You may also want to watch:
School head teacher, Theodora Nickson, said: “We are incredibly proud of our girls’ achievement which is a real testament to the hard work put in by the girls and their teachers, all made possible by continuing support from parents and carers.
“These fantastic results mean that the girls start their A Levels with confidence of future success, aspiring to places in top universities.”
* For more GCSE results news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ education section.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 4 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 10 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season