GCSE results 2015: Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School
- Credit: Archant
Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School achieved it’s best ever set of GCSE results.
Five A*-C grades including English and maths were achieved by 77.68 per cent of students, while 30 per cent of overall grades were either an A* or A.
Additionally, 20 girls achieved at least eight A* or A grades.
Particularly notable performers were Coral Smith and Anoushka Odera, who achieved 10 A* grades and one A, and 10* grades, respectively.
The EBACC score, which measures the percentage of students that achieved six A*-C grades in English, maths, two sciences, a modern foreign language and either history or geography, was 52.68 per cent.
You may also want to watch:
School head teacher, Theodora Nickson, said: “We are incredibly proud of our girls’ achievement which is a real testament to the hard work put in by the girls and their teachers, all made possible by continuing support from parents and carers.
“These fantastic results mean that the girls start their A Levels with confidence of future success, aspiring to places in top universities.”
* For more GCSE results news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ education section.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Captain Tom inspires little Zach to raise money for the NHS
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation