GCSE results 2014: Monk’s Walk pupils ‘rise to challenge’ after exam shake-up
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Monk’s Walk School in WGC “rose to the challenge” after a GCSE exam shake-up this year, the headteacher has said.
Results released today (Thursday) reveal 69 per cent of youngsters picked up five GCSEs at grade C and above, including English and maths.
And 19 students gained eight or more A*s and As.
In the maths department, 80 per cent of grades were A*s to Cs.
Headteacher Kate Smith said: “We are delighted with this set of results.
You may also want to watch:
“We were a bit worried in the face of national changes which saw students assessed largely by exam only.
“However, the students rose to this considerable challenge and I am proud of them all.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
“This ends a great year for us, with fantastic A-Level results and a good Ofsted.”