GCSE results 2014: High marks at Onslow St Audrey’s
- Credit: Archant
A Hatfield headteacher has voiced his pride after three-quarters of students picked up five GCSEs above grade C.
Michael Harpham, headteacher designate at Onslow St Audrey’s praised the work of pupils and teachers.
Results released today (Thursday) showed 75 per cent of youngsters picked up five grade A* to C grades, while 50 per cent got five A* to C grades including maths and English.
High performers included Betserayi Chirengendure, Katherine Padley, Ben-Jordan Readings and Sarah Padley who each achieved 10 or more A* to C grades.
Kirsty Lockwood achieved an A* in Geography and three A grades in physics, chemistry and biology.
You may also want to watch:
Tolani Idris, achieved A and A* in English Language and English Literature, A* in Geography and further A grades in chemistry and history.
Mr Harpham said: “This year’s results reflect the hard work and shared commitment of student, staff, parents, and governors.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Welwyn Hatfield's links to new Disney+ series WandaVision
“Our students have demonstrated the spirit of working hard and have seen their efforts rewarded.
“Our aim is to develop excellent students who are fully prepared for employment or further studies.
“These achievements give them a great start and we wish them every success for their future whether they are continuing here to Sixth Form or entering employment. We are proud of each and every one of them.”