GCSE results 2014: High marks at Onslow St Audrey’s
- Credit: Archant
A Hatfield headteacher has voiced his pride after three-quarters of students picked up five GCSEs above grade C.
Michael Harpham, headteacher designate at Onslow St Audrey’s praised the work of pupils and teachers.
Results released today (Thursday) showed 75 per cent of youngsters picked up five grade A* to C grades, while 50 per cent got five A* to C grades including maths and English.
High performers included Betserayi Chirengendure, Katherine Padley, Ben-Jordan Readings and Sarah Padley who each achieved 10 or more A* to C grades.
Kirsty Lockwood achieved an A* in Geography and three A grades in physics, chemistry and biology.
You may also want to watch:
Tolani Idris, achieved A and A* in English Language and English Literature, A* in Geography and further A grades in chemistry and history.
Mr Harpham said: “This year’s results reflect the hard work and shared commitment of student, staff, parents, and governors.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
“Our students have demonstrated the spirit of working hard and have seen their efforts rewarded.
“Our aim is to develop excellent students who are fully prepared for employment or further studies.
“These achievements give them a great start and we wish them every success for their future whether they are continuing here to Sixth Form or entering employment. We are proud of each and every one of them.”