GCSE results 2014: High marks at Onslow St Audrey’s
- Credit: Archant
A Hatfield headteacher has voiced his pride after three-quarters of students picked up five GCSEs above grade C.
Michael Harpham, headteacher designate at Onslow St Audrey’s praised the work of pupils and teachers.
Results released today (Thursday) showed 75 per cent of youngsters picked up five grade A* to C grades, while 50 per cent got five A* to C grades including maths and English.
High performers included Betserayi Chirengendure, Katherine Padley, Ben-Jordan Readings and Sarah Padley who each achieved 10 or more A* to C grades.
Kirsty Lockwood achieved an A* in Geography and three A grades in physics, chemistry and biology.
Tolani Idris, achieved A and A* in English Language and English Literature, A* in Geography and further A grades in chemistry and history.
Mr Harpham said: “This year’s results reflect the hard work and shared commitment of student, staff, parents, and governors.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 3 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 4 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 5 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 6 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 7 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 8 IN PICTURES: The return of Kimpton Folk Festival
- 9 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 10 Potters Bar RSPCA looking for new homes for farm animals
“Our students have demonstrated the spirit of working hard and have seen their efforts rewarded.
“Our aim is to develop excellent students who are fully prepared for employment or further studies.
“These achievements give them a great start and we wish them every success for their future whether they are continuing here to Sixth Form or entering employment. We are proud of each and every one of them.”