GCSE results 2014: Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School head hails results
- Credit: Archant
A headteacher has praised the work of Hatfield pupils after GCSE results were published.
A total of 75.4 per cent of pupils at Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School picked up five A* to C grades, including English and maths, it has been announced.
Overall, 30 per cent of all the GCSE grades were either A* or A.
Theodora Nickson, headteacher, said: “We are incredibly proud of our girls’ achievement which is a real testament to the hard work put in by the girls and their teachers, all made possible by continuing support from parents and carers.
“These fantastic results mean that the girls start their A Levels with confidence of future success, aspiring to places in top universities.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Nickson said she was particularly proud of the school’s EBACC score of 46.61 per cent.
The score measures the percentage of girls achieving six A* to C grades in English, maths, two sciences, a modern foreign language and either history or geography.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign