GCSE results 2014: Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School head hails results
- Credit: Archant
A headteacher has praised the work of Hatfield pupils after GCSE results were published.
A total of 75.4 per cent of pupils at Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School picked up five A* to C grades, including English and maths, it has been announced.
Overall, 30 per cent of all the GCSE grades were either A* or A.
Theodora Nickson, headteacher, said: “We are incredibly proud of our girls’ achievement which is a real testament to the hard work put in by the girls and their teachers, all made possible by continuing support from parents and carers.
“These fantastic results mean that the girls start their A Levels with confidence of future success, aspiring to places in top universities.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Nickson said she was particularly proud of the school’s EBACC score of 46.61 per cent.
The score measures the percentage of girls achieving six A* to C grades in English, maths, two sciences, a modern foreign language and either history or geography.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator