GCSE results 2013: Stanborough School, Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
STANBOROUGH School celebrated a record year, with English and maths performances higher than the national average.
Lewis Barnes topped a long list of excellent performances with 13 A*s and three As, followed closely by Simon Davies with 12 A*s and an A.
Other notable results were Ben Demont, with six A*s and eight As, Robert Flowerday with six A*s and three As.
Lauren Thompson achieved four A*s and eight As, with Katie Tayler receiving four A*s and seven As
Headteacher Peter Brown said: “These excellent results again reflect the hard work of both staff and students in a challenging and unpredictable education environment.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a tribute to Stanborough’s dedicated students that they have achieved so well.”
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England