GCSE results 2013: Stanborough School, Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
STANBOROUGH School celebrated a record year, with English and maths performances higher than the national average.
Lewis Barnes topped a long list of excellent performances with 13 A*s and three As, followed closely by Simon Davies with 12 A*s and an A.
Other notable results were Ben Demont, with six A*s and eight As, Robert Flowerday with six A*s and three As.
Lauren Thompson achieved four A*s and eight As, with Katie Tayler receiving four A*s and seven As
Headteacher Peter Brown said: “These excellent results again reflect the hard work of both staff and students in a challenging and unpredictable education environment.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a tribute to Stanborough’s dedicated students that they have achieved so well.”
- 1 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 9 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist