GCSE results 2013: Sherrardswood School, Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
DELIGHTED pupils and teachers celebrated a record number of pass grades in this year’s GCSE results at Sherrardswood School.
Two thirds of the students gained 10 or more A* to C grades, with Mohammad-Arash Khan and Harvey Wendon gaining 14 each, closely followed by Lauren Nash with 13.5 and William Doherty with 13.
The school also achieved a record number of the very top grades, with 42 per cent of results at A* or A.
Sherrardswood’s students achieved 100 per cent A* to C grades in biology, chemistry, physics, additional science, German, geography, art and photography, music, ICT, further maths and BTECs in travel and tourism and health and social care.
For the first time students sat the GCSE in further maths, with a 100 per cent pass rate at A*, A or B.
You may also want to watch:
Two students, Lauren Nash and William Doherty, gained the new highest level of A* with distinction.
Headmistress Lynda Corry said she was overjoyed with the successes achieved by the school’s pupils, praising their hard work and the dedication of staff.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022