GCSE results 2013: Sherrardswood School, Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
DELIGHTED pupils and teachers celebrated a record number of pass grades in this year’s GCSE results at Sherrardswood School.
Two thirds of the students gained 10 or more A* to C grades, with Mohammad-Arash Khan and Harvey Wendon gaining 14 each, closely followed by Lauren Nash with 13.5 and William Doherty with 13.
The school also achieved a record number of the very top grades, with 42 per cent of results at A* or A.
Sherrardswood’s students achieved 100 per cent A* to C grades in biology, chemistry, physics, additional science, German, geography, art and photography, music, ICT, further maths and BTECs in travel and tourism and health and social care.
For the first time students sat the GCSE in further maths, with a 100 per cent pass rate at A*, A or B.
You may also want to watch:
Two students, Lauren Nash and William Doherty, gained the new highest level of A* with distinction.
Headmistress Lynda Corry said she was overjoyed with the successes achieved by the school’s pupils, praising their hard work and the dedication of staff.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes