GCSE results 2013: Sherrardswood School, Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
DELIGHTED pupils and teachers celebrated a record number of pass grades in this year’s GCSE results at Sherrardswood School.
Two thirds of the students gained 10 or more A* to C grades, with Mohammad-Arash Khan and Harvey Wendon gaining 14 each, closely followed by Lauren Nash with 13.5 and William Doherty with 13.
The school also achieved a record number of the very top grades, with 42 per cent of results at A* or A.
Sherrardswood’s students achieved 100 per cent A* to C grades in biology, chemistry, physics, additional science, German, geography, art and photography, music, ICT, further maths and BTECs in travel and tourism and health and social care.
For the first time students sat the GCSE in further maths, with a 100 per cent pass rate at A*, A or B.
You may also want to watch:
Two students, Lauren Nash and William Doherty, gained the new highest level of A* with distinction.
Headmistress Lynda Corry said she was overjoyed with the successes achieved by the school’s pupils, praising their hard work and the dedication of staff.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 3 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town