GCSE results 2013: Sherrardswood School, Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
DELIGHTED pupils and teachers celebrated a record number of pass grades in this year’s GCSE results at Sherrardswood School.
Two thirds of the students gained 10 or more A* to C grades, with Mohammad-Arash Khan and Harvey Wendon gaining 14 each, closely followed by Lauren Nash with 13.5 and William Doherty with 13.
The school also achieved a record number of the very top grades, with 42 per cent of results at A* or A.
Sherrardswood’s students achieved 100 per cent A* to C grades in biology, chemistry, physics, additional science, German, geography, art and photography, music, ICT, further maths and BTECs in travel and tourism and health and social care.
For the first time students sat the GCSE in further maths, with a 100 per cent pass rate at A*, A or B.
You may also want to watch:
Two students, Lauren Nash and William Doherty, gained the new highest level of A* with distinction.
Headmistress Lynda Corry said she was overjoyed with the successes achieved by the school’s pupils, praising their hard work and the dedication of staff.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced