GCSE results 2013: Queenswood School
- Credit: Archant
ONE third of GCSE grades picked up today (Thursday) at Queenswood School were A*s, staff have announced.
The results, released this morning, reveal that 70 per cent of all grades were A* and As, with 46 per cent of pupils being awarded at least eight A* or A grades combined.
Principal Pauline Edgar said: “We are thrilled with these excellent GCSE results.
“Our girls will now be able to enter the Sixth Form with real confidence as they embark upon their chosen A-level courses and we congratulate them on their fine achievements.
“We have certainly not experienced depressed grades, unlike the reports nationally.
You may also want to watch:
“The results confirm Queenswood’s position as a leading academic school and reflect the team work between the girls and their teachers.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 4 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 5 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 6 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 9 Eight-year-old actress joins sister in the big screen as she stars in independent domestic abuse film
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?