GCSE results 2013: Queenswood School
- Credit: Archant
ONE third of GCSE grades picked up today (Thursday) at Queenswood School were A*s, staff have announced.
The results, released this morning, reveal that 70 per cent of all grades were A* and As, with 46 per cent of pupils being awarded at least eight A* or A grades combined.
Principal Pauline Edgar said: “We are thrilled with these excellent GCSE results.
“Our girls will now be able to enter the Sixth Form with real confidence as they embark upon their chosen A-level courses and we congratulate them on their fine achievements.
“We have certainly not experienced depressed grades, unlike the reports nationally.
You may also want to watch:
“The results confirm Queenswood’s position as a leading academic school and reflect the team work between the girls and their teachers.”
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist