GCSE results 2013: Queenswood School
- Credit: Archant
ONE third of GCSE grades picked up today (Thursday) at Queenswood School were A*s, staff have announced.
The results, released this morning, reveal that 70 per cent of all grades were A* and As, with 46 per cent of pupils being awarded at least eight A* or A grades combined.
Principal Pauline Edgar said: “We are thrilled with these excellent GCSE results.
“Our girls will now be able to enter the Sixth Form with real confidence as they embark upon their chosen A-level courses and we congratulate them on their fine achievements.
“We have certainly not experienced depressed grades, unlike the reports nationally.
You may also want to watch:
“The results confirm Queenswood’s position as a leading academic school and reflect the team work between the girls and their teachers.”
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 8 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 9 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images