GCSE results 2013: Chancellor’s School, Brookmans Park
- Credit: Archant
PUPILS at Chancellor’s School picked up their “best ever” results today (Thursday).
There were celebrations as 76 per cent picked up five or more A* to C grades including English and maths.
Headteacher David Croston voiced his delight.
He said: “This group of students have worked very hard and have been rewarded for their effort.
“They have been challenged and well supported by their teachers to achieve the school’s best ever set of results at GCSE.
“It was lovely this morning to see so many delighted students celebrating and signing up to the Sixth Form for the next stage of their education.”
James Clarke gained a stunning eight A*s and three As, and intends to study French, Italian, maths and chemisty at A-level.
- 1 Six buses damaged at Potters Bar Bus Garage after 'significant' blaze
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 7 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 8 League Two sides heading to Potters Bar Town for pre-season
- 9 Man suffers leg injuries after stabbing at Queensway in Hatfield
- 10 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
Other particularly strong performances included Xavier Guerra, Emily Heath and Meryem Ismail who all achieved straight As and A*s in every one of their exams.
Nick Tetlow picked up six A*s, three As and one B, and Danielle Solomou was awarded eight A*s, two As and a B.