GCSE results 2013: Chancellor’s School, Brookmans Park
- Credit: Archant
PUPILS at Chancellor’s School picked up their “best ever” results today (Thursday).
There were celebrations as 76 per cent picked up five or more A* to C grades including English and maths.
Headteacher David Croston voiced his delight.
He said: “This group of students have worked very hard and have been rewarded for their effort.
“They have been challenged and well supported by their teachers to achieve the school’s best ever set of results at GCSE.
You may also want to watch:
“It was lovely this morning to see so many delighted students celebrating and signing up to the Sixth Form for the next stage of their education.”
James Clarke gained a stunning eight A*s and three As, and intends to study French, Italian, maths and chemisty at A-level.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
Other particularly strong performances included Xavier Guerra, Emily Heath and Meryem Ismail who all achieved straight As and A*s in every one of their exams.
Nick Tetlow picked up six A*s, three As and one B, and Danielle Solomou was awarded eight A*s, two As and a B.