GCSE results 2013: Chancellor’s School, Brookmans Park
- Credit: Archant
PUPILS at Chancellor’s School picked up their “best ever” results today (Thursday).
There were celebrations as 76 per cent picked up five or more A* to C grades including English and maths.
Headteacher David Croston voiced his delight.
He said: “This group of students have worked very hard and have been rewarded for their effort.
“They have been challenged and well supported by their teachers to achieve the school’s best ever set of results at GCSE.
You may also want to watch:
“It was lovely this morning to see so many delighted students celebrating and signing up to the Sixth Form for the next stage of their education.”
James Clarke gained a stunning eight A*s and three As, and intends to study French, Italian, maths and chemisty at A-level.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
Other particularly strong performances included Xavier Guerra, Emily Heath and Meryem Ismail who all achieved straight As and A*s in every one of their exams.
Nick Tetlow picked up six A*s, three As and one B, and Danielle Solomou was awarded eight A*s, two As and a B.