GCSE results 2013: Chancellor’s School, Brookmans Park
- Credit: Archant
PUPILS at Chancellor’s School picked up their “best ever” results today (Thursday).
There were celebrations as 76 per cent picked up five or more A* to C grades including English and maths.
Headteacher David Croston voiced his delight.
He said: “This group of students have worked very hard and have been rewarded for their effort.
“They have been challenged and well supported by their teachers to achieve the school’s best ever set of results at GCSE.
“It was lovely this morning to see so many delighted students celebrating and signing up to the Sixth Form for the next stage of their education.”
James Clarke gained a stunning eight A*s and three As, and intends to study French, Italian, maths and chemisty at A-level.
- 1 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 2 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 3 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 9 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 10 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
Other particularly strong performances included Xavier Guerra, Emily Heath and Meryem Ismail who all achieved straight As and A*s in every one of their exams.
Nick Tetlow picked up six A*s, three As and one B, and Danielle Solomou was awarded eight A*s, two As and a B.