Gary Rhodes opens new kitchen at Welwyn Hatfield school
TAKE one top girls’ school in Times Territory, add a dash of celebrity, and what have you got?
All the ingredients for the grand opening of a state-of-the-art learning facility.
Queenswood School in Shepherds Way, Brookmans Park, invited TV chef and restaurateur Gary Rhodes to open it’s new practical cookery suite, named Haute Quisine.
The suite, which was built through money donated by parents, boasts some of the latest top-of-the-range cooking equipment, including an overhead TV monitor for demonstrations, eight movable work-stations, induction hobs, K�ppersbusch ovens, dishwashers and refrigerators.
Queenswood cookery teacher Jayne Lee, a professional chef for 25 years, said: “Food is a great area of interest at the school and the enthusiasm of the girls has been phenomenal.
You may also want to watch:
“I run three after-school cookery clubs now and, by popular demand, I am adding another one from April.”
As well as the new facility, Mrs Lee plans to make good use of the schools new allotments, to help the students learn about food from “plot, to pot, to plate”.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 6 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 7 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 8 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 9 CCTV appeal after safe containing cash and watches stolen
- 10 Eight vehicles seized after police operation to crack down on crime