Gary Rhodes opens new kitchen at Welwyn Hatfield school
TAKE one top girls’ school in Times Territory, add a dash of celebrity, and what have you got?
All the ingredients for the grand opening of a state-of-the-art learning facility.
Queenswood School in Shepherds Way, Brookmans Park, invited TV chef and restaurateur Gary Rhodes to open it’s new practical cookery suite, named Haute Quisine.
The suite, which was built through money donated by parents, boasts some of the latest top-of-the-range cooking equipment, including an overhead TV monitor for demonstrations, eight movable work-stations, induction hobs, K�ppersbusch ovens, dishwashers and refrigerators.
Queenswood cookery teacher Jayne Lee, a professional chef for 25 years, said: “Food is a great area of interest at the school and the enthusiasm of the girls has been phenomenal.
You may also want to watch:
“I run three after-school cookery clubs now and, by popular demand, I am adding another one from April.”
As well as the new facility, Mrs Lee plans to make good use of the schools new allotments, to help the students learn about food from “plot, to pot, to plate”.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street