Gary Rhodes opens new kitchen at Welwyn Hatfield school
TAKE one top girls’ school in Times Territory, add a dash of celebrity, and what have you got?
All the ingredients for the grand opening of a state-of-the-art learning facility.
Queenswood School in Shepherds Way, Brookmans Park, invited TV chef and restaurateur Gary Rhodes to open it’s new practical cookery suite, named Haute Quisine.
The suite, which was built through money donated by parents, boasts some of the latest top-of-the-range cooking equipment, including an overhead TV monitor for demonstrations, eight movable work-stations, induction hobs, K�ppersbusch ovens, dishwashers and refrigerators.
Queenswood cookery teacher Jayne Lee, a professional chef for 25 years, said: “Food is a great area of interest at the school and the enthusiasm of the girls has been phenomenal.
You may also want to watch:
“I run three after-school cookery clubs now and, by popular demand, I am adding another one from April.”
As well as the new facility, Mrs Lee plans to make good use of the schools new allotments, to help the students learn about food from “plot, to pot, to plate”.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton