Gary Rhodes opens new kitchen at Welwyn Hatfield school
TAKE one top girls’ school in Times Territory, add a dash of celebrity, and what have you got?
All the ingredients for the grand opening of a state-of-the-art learning facility.
Queenswood School in Shepherds Way, Brookmans Park, invited TV chef and restaurateur Gary Rhodes to open it’s new practical cookery suite, named Haute Quisine.
The suite, which was built through money donated by parents, boasts some of the latest top-of-the-range cooking equipment, including an overhead TV monitor for demonstrations, eight movable work-stations, induction hobs, K�ppersbusch ovens, dishwashers and refrigerators.
Queenswood cookery teacher Jayne Lee, a professional chef for 25 years, said: “Food is a great area of interest at the school and the enthusiasm of the girls has been phenomenal.
You may also want to watch:
“I run three after-school cookery clubs now and, by popular demand, I am adding another one from April.”
As well as the new facility, Mrs Lee plans to make good use of the schools new allotments, to help the students learn about food from “plot, to pot, to plate”.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?