Gallery: Queenswood girls are A-OK!
THERE was a grade A performance from girls at Queenswood School this year. Seventy per cent of all grades achieved at the Brookmans Park school were either A* or A – that's 383 out of 545 subjects. And of the 61 candidates, 14 notched a clean sweep of A*s
THERE was a grade A performance from girls at Queenswood School this year.
Seventy per cent of all grades achieved at the Brookmans Park school were either A* or A - that's 383 out of 545 subjects.
And of the 61 candidates, 14 notched a clean sweep of A*s or As in all their subjects.
Almost all subjects made a significant contribution to these successes: not only was there strength in the optional areas of drama, PE, Spanish, design technology, music, religious studies and geography, but also in the core subjects.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy Jillings, Nicola Wells and Erin Dickinson received special congratulations certificates from awarding body Edexcel for coming among the top 10 who achieved the highest marks for a GCSE short course in PE out of 24,740 entries this year.
It is hoped these girls will continue to sit the full GCSE next year.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 18 Insulate Britain protesters arrested at M25 and A1 demonstrations
Principal Pauline Edgar said: "Everyone has worked extremely hard to ensure that the girls achieve the best results possible.
"The girls should feel confident as they embark on their A-level courses.