Gallery: Perfect score at Sherrardswood School in Welwyn
DELIGHTED students and teachers at Sherrardswood School were today celebrating a 100 per cent five A*-C pass rate at GCSE for the second year in succession. All year 11 students at the independent school in Welwyn gained five A*-C grades or more, in most
DELIGHTED students and teachers at Sherrardswood School were today celebrating a 100 per cent five A*-C pass rate at GCSE for the second year in succession.
All year 11 students at the independent school in Welwyn gained five A*-C grades or more, in most cases, many more.
Sixteen-year-olds Clay Davies and Harry Freeman were both overjoyed with 11 passes.
Luke Andrews, with an A*, four As, four Bs and a C; Ceri Unwin, with two A*s, four As and four Bs; and Oliver Bosley with an A*, four As and five other passes, were just three of several students delighted with their results and looking forward to starting their A-level courses in September.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Lynda Corry and her staff were overjoyed that so many of the school's students had achieved their potential.
She said: "I am delighted that all our students have gained their full reward for all the hard work they put into their examination courses this year.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 7 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Former healthcare worker nominated for role model award due to rare illness awareness campaign
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
"They could not have achieved these outstanding grades without the support and dedication of their excellent teachers.