‘Fantastic’ A-Level results at Monk’s Walk School
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City headteacher has hailed students after a “fantastic” set of A-Level results.
Monk’s Walk School achieved a pass rate of 98.4 per cent, of which 80 per cent were grades A* to C.
Six students picked up A* or A in all their subjects.
At AS Level, the school showed a marked improvement over 2013, with a pass rate of 94 per cent and 45 per cent of grades at A to B.
Kate Smith, headteacher, said: “We are delighted with the results which are testament to the students’ hard work and determination to succeed.
You may also want to watch:
“The school has had a huge focus on improving outcomes post-16 and we have seen the fruits of our labour.
“We anticipate that almost all students who applied will gain employment or a place at university.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 6 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
“We are very proud of all of our students and wish them all the best for the future”,