FA Cup date at Wembley for Potters Bar football kids
SIX youngsters from youth football club Potters Bar Crusaders U10s will be rubbing shoulders with the likes of Paul Scholes and Mario Balotelli in today’s (Saturday) FA Cup semi-final between Manchester City and Manchester United.
The lucky lads have been chosen as flag bearers for the much-anticipated Wembley clash at 5.15pm.
The six are Will Morrall, Mason Dudrenec, Fabio De Luca, Edward Burt, Nathan Clark, and Harry McGrath.
Potters Bar Crusaders was chosen by the Hertfordshire Football Association because of the club’s “excellent discipline record in only getting five bookings over the course of the season”.
The club is also a FA Charter Standard Club, which means they have successfully demonstrated to the Hertfordshire Football Association that they have undertaken a series of measures of good practice.
The youngsters’ coach Matt Morrall, who is also the club’s secretary, said: “They are all really excited about going to Wembley. A few of them have been before for England games and some of them have done the tour of the stadium.”
He added: “I picked names out of a hat for most of them.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 10 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
“One of the kids’ fathers supports Manchester City so I thought it was only fair he was allowed to go.
“I’m really looking forward to and I hope they all have a great day.”