FA Cup date at Wembley for Potters Bar football kids
SIX youngsters from youth football club Potters Bar Crusaders U10s will be rubbing shoulders with the likes of Paul Scholes and Mario Balotelli in today’s (Saturday) FA Cup semi-final between Manchester City and Manchester United.
The lucky lads have been chosen as flag bearers for the much-anticipated Wembley clash at 5.15pm.
The six are Will Morrall, Mason Dudrenec, Fabio De Luca, Edward Burt, Nathan Clark, and Harry McGrath.
Potters Bar Crusaders was chosen by the Hertfordshire Football Association because of the club’s “excellent discipline record in only getting five bookings over the course of the season”.
The club is also a FA Charter Standard Club, which means they have successfully demonstrated to the Hertfordshire Football Association that they have undertaken a series of measures of good practice.
The youngsters’ coach Matt Morrall, who is also the club’s secretary, said: “They are all really excited about going to Wembley. A few of them have been before for England games and some of them have done the tour of the stadium.”
He added: “I picked names out of a hat for most of them.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Hatfield fixer-upper with lake on sale for £2.5m
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 8 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 9 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 10 Panshanger Park plans on planting 17,000 trees in honour of the Platinum Jubilee
“One of the kids’ fathers supports Manchester City so I thought it was only fair he was allowed to go.
“I’m really looking forward to and I hope they all have a great day.”