FA Cup date at Wembley for Potters Bar football kids
SIX youngsters from youth football club Potters Bar Crusaders U10s will be rubbing shoulders with the likes of Paul Scholes and Mario Balotelli in today’s (Saturday) FA Cup semi-final between Manchester City and Manchester United.
The lucky lads have been chosen as flag bearers for the much-anticipated Wembley clash at 5.15pm.
The six are Will Morrall, Mason Dudrenec, Fabio De Luca, Edward Burt, Nathan Clark, and Harry McGrath.
Potters Bar Crusaders was chosen by the Hertfordshire Football Association because of the club’s “excellent discipline record in only getting five bookings over the course of the season”.
The club is also a FA Charter Standard Club, which means they have successfully demonstrated to the Hertfordshire Football Association that they have undertaken a series of measures of good practice.
You may also want to watch:
The youngsters’ coach Matt Morrall, who is also the club’s secretary, said: “They are all really excited about going to Wembley. A few of them have been before for England games and some of them have done the tour of the stadium.”
He added: “I picked names out of a hat for most of them.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 6 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 7 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 8 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 9 CCTV appeal after safe containing cash and watches stolen
- 10 Eight vehicles seized after police operation to crack down on crime
“One of the kids’ fathers supports Manchester City so I thought it was only fair he was allowed to go.
“I’m really looking forward to and I hope they all have a great day.”