FA Cup date at Wembley for Potters Bar football kids
SIX youngsters from youth football club Potters Bar Crusaders U10s will be rubbing shoulders with the likes of Paul Scholes and Mario Balotelli in today’s (Saturday) FA Cup semi-final between Manchester City and Manchester United.
The lucky lads have been chosen as flag bearers for the much-anticipated Wembley clash at 5.15pm.
The six are Will Morrall, Mason Dudrenec, Fabio De Luca, Edward Burt, Nathan Clark, and Harry McGrath.
Potters Bar Crusaders was chosen by the Hertfordshire Football Association because of the club’s “excellent discipline record in only getting five bookings over the course of the season”.
The club is also a FA Charter Standard Club, which means they have successfully demonstrated to the Hertfordshire Football Association that they have undertaken a series of measures of good practice.
You may also want to watch:
The youngsters’ coach Matt Morrall, who is also the club’s secretary, said: “They are all really excited about going to Wembley. A few of them have been before for England games and some of them have done the tour of the stadium.”
He added: “I picked names out of a hat for most of them.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
“One of the kids’ fathers supports Manchester City so I thought it was only fair he was allowed to go.
“I’m really looking forward to and I hope they all have a great day.”