‘Exciting’ ghost film made in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Student film-makers have used Hatfield locations to make a supernatural drama about a friendship that crosses the threshold of death.
Dying Wish, filmed in and around the College Lane University of Hertfordshire campus, tells the story of Evie, a girl whose previously humdrum life is brought to a premature end when she is hit by a car.
Dying Wish, which will be shown at the university in late May, has been made by a group of final year film and TV students, and will be assessed for their degree results.
Returning as a ghost, Evie forms an unlikely if intriguing friendship with Farah, the living girl who moves into her flat,
Evie’s ghost redeems her unproductive life by helping Farah overcome her psychological problems and form healthy relationships with other people.
You may also want to watch:
As the film uses two professional actors in the key roles, the students had to raise £1,400 from friends, relatives and other universities to ensure it was completed.
Producer Tasnim Choudhury, 21, told the WHT: “It has been exciting, but it was quite stressful.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 3 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 4 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 5 Teenager charged after 'Rambo knife' and suspected class A drugs found
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 8 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
“We had to get everything right, or ruin our chances of getting a degree.
“We started in November, and our original funding target was £800, which we went way over.
“Some random person from Germany gave us some money.
“We had a professional make-up artist, but she dropped out, so we decided to do it ourselves.”