Exam success for Potters Bar youngsters
- Credit: Archant
A Potters Bar independent school is celebrating after its 11-year-olds pupils achieved an excellent set of exam results.
Of the 24 pupils of Stormont School who took entrance exams for private secondary schools, no fewer than 19 won scholarships at private secondary schools.
The scholarships, offered by schools including Queenswood in Brookmans Park, St Albans School, and St Martha’s in Barnet, will help the winning girls pursue talents arts, sport, and music with caskh prizes or extra specialist tuition.
Headteacher Sharon Martin said: “We are so proud of all of the girls and how hard they have worked to achieve such excellent results. With small class sizes and a focus on the individual, at Stormont we are able to work with parents and pupils to help girls reach their full potential and find the right senior school for them.”
The girls were offered over 50 places between them, so many have a choice of options for the next stage of their education.
You may also want to watch:
The private school in The Causeway charges about £4,000/term, and boasts class sizes of just 24.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 Teenager charged after 'Rambo knife' and suspected class A drugs found
- 8 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station