Exam success for Potters Bar youngsters
- Credit: Archant
A Potters Bar independent school is celebrating after its 11-year-olds pupils achieved an excellent set of exam results.
Of the 24 pupils of Stormont School who took entrance exams for private secondary schools, no fewer than 19 won scholarships at private secondary schools.
The scholarships, offered by schools including Queenswood in Brookmans Park, St Albans School, and St Martha’s in Barnet, will help the winning girls pursue talents arts, sport, and music with caskh prizes or extra specialist tuition.
Headteacher Sharon Martin said: “We are so proud of all of the girls and how hard they have worked to achieve such excellent results. With small class sizes and a focus on the individual, at Stormont we are able to work with parents and pupils to help girls reach their full potential and find the right senior school for them.”
The girls were offered over 50 places between them, so many have a choice of options for the next stage of their education.
You may also want to watch:
The private school in The Causeway charges about £4,000/term, and boasts class sizes of just 24.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!