Exam success for Potters Bar youngsters
- Credit: Archant
A Potters Bar independent school is celebrating after its 11-year-olds pupils achieved an excellent set of exam results.
Of the 24 pupils of Stormont School who took entrance exams for private secondary schools, no fewer than 19 won scholarships at private secondary schools.
The scholarships, offered by schools including Queenswood in Brookmans Park, St Albans School, and St Martha’s in Barnet, will help the winning girls pursue talents arts, sport, and music with caskh prizes or extra specialist tuition.
Headteacher Sharon Martin said: “We are so proud of all of the girls and how hard they have worked to achieve such excellent results. With small class sizes and a focus on the individual, at Stormont we are able to work with parents and pupils to help girls reach their full potential and find the right senior school for them.”
The girls were offered over 50 places between them, so many have a choice of options for the next stage of their education.
You may also want to watch:
The private school in The Causeway charges about £4,000/term, and boasts class sizes of just 24.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 7 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire