Episodes star opens Potters Bar school’s newly-extended building
- Credit: Archant
The new series of Episodes starring Matt Le Blanc, Stephen Mangan and Tamsin Greig kicks off on BBC Two tonight (Wednesday). A star of the hit comedy returned to his old school in Potters Bar to do the honours at an unveiling event.
Best known for his television roles in I’m Alan Partridge and Episodes, which can been seen on BBC Two tonight at 10pm, Stephen Mangan officially opened a new unit at Lochinver House School, in Potters Bar.
He was invited back by current headteacher Ben Walker, who he attended the Heath Road school with as a youngster.
The block contains eight new classrooms, a sports hall, changing rooms and an office.
Speaking at the event, Mr Walker said: “Lochinver is delighted to open this newly-extended, developed and equipped building.
You may also want to watch:
“The project provides our 350 boys with a bright, modern and fully resourced addition within the school’s 8.5 acre learning environment.”
The building’s layout provides computer work stations along upper and lower walkways, with new ICT and religious study classrooms.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 10 New lease of life for shop in historic Old Hatfield
New changing facilities, with underfloor heating, have been added next to the sports hall.
The whole block is climate controlled with motion sensor lighting and reached through a smart glass atrium, inscribed with the Lochinver crest and school motto Perstare Praestare – ‘to persevere is to succeed’.
Mr Walker added: “This enhancement to Lochinver’s educational provision marks a huge team effort, fulfilling an idea born in 2005.
“It also marks the retirement of Mrs Janet Butler, who has given 10 years’ superb service to the school and has been so key to the project’s success.”