Entrepreneurial skills net University of Hertfordshire top award
THE University of Hertfordshire has scooped a prestigious award.
The Hatfield-based institution was named the Times Higher Education Entrepreneurial University of the Year.
It beat Imperial College London, Brunel University, Teesside University, University of Plymouth, and University of Central Lancashire to the honour.
Professor Tim Wilson, the uni’s vice-chancellor, said: “I am delighted and extremely proud.
“It is an honour to be recognised in this way and is a testament to the dedication and hard work of all our staff and students.
You may also want to watch:
“This recognition is not a result of one year of success, but a result of sustained effort over several years.”
The award was announced at a ceremony at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist