Entrepreneurial skills net University of Hertfordshire top award
THE University of Hertfordshire has scooped a prestigious award.
The Hatfield-based institution was named the Times Higher Education Entrepreneurial University of the Year.
It beat Imperial College London, Brunel University, Teesside University, University of Plymouth, and University of Central Lancashire to the honour.
Professor Tim Wilson, the uni’s vice-chancellor, said: “I am delighted and extremely proud.
“It is an honour to be recognised in this way and is a testament to the dedication and hard work of all our staff and students.
You may also want to watch:
“This recognition is not a result of one year of success, but a result of sustained effort over several years.”
The award was announced at a ceremony at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 8 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man