Enter Welwyn Hatfield Times School Awards 2012
NOMINATIONS are coming in thick and fast for the Welwyn Hatfield Times School Awards 2012 – but there’s still time for you to enter the education showpiece.
The inaugural awards will celebrate the achievements of primary and secondary schools, teachers and pupils across Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Knebworth, Welwyn, Codicote, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar.
Whether recognising pupils who are top of the class academically, sporting heroes or the teacher every pupil looks up to, this is the chance to give them the recognition they richly deserve.
There are seven categories in all, with all schools in the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ circulation area – stretching from Knebworth in the north down to Potters Bar in the south – eligible to enter.
The categories are:
You may also want to watch:
* School of the Year
* Sporting Achiever of the Year
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 4 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 10 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
* Teacher of the Year – Primary School
* Teacher of the Year – Secondary School
* Academic Achiever of the Year – Primary School
* Academic Achiever of the Year – Secondary School
* Innovation / Project of the Year
Welwyn Hatfield Times and WHT Potters Bar Edition editor Terry Mitchinson said: “We are pleased and proud to be staging these awards.
“We have many schools throughout our area which have excelled.
“It is right they are rewarded.”
The inaugural awards are being organised in association with main sponsors Oaklands College and will culminate in a gala presentation night on the college’s WGC campus on Thursday, July 12.
Oaklands College principal Zoe Hancock said: “We are delighted to host and sponsor this year’s awards.
“I am sure we will be acknowledging some outstanding individuals and I hope that all local schools will take this opportunity to nominate and recognise the achievements of their students.”
Nominations must be received by Friday, June 1 ready for our special panel of judges to select the winners.
You can enter online at our special microsite www.whtimes24.co.uk/schoolawards or visit our Facebook page www.facebook.com/WelwynHatfieldTimes SchoolAwards – click on links above right.
Here you will find more details about each of the award categories and criteria.
You can enter as many different categories as you like, and all nominations will be considered.