Deputy head retires from Hatfield school
CHILDREN have returned to school in the past week, but for youngsters at one Hatfield primary, a familiar face is missing.
For Theresa Edwards, deputy head at St Philip Howard Catholic School, retired at the end of the summer term.
Her teaching career spanned 26 years but her association with the Woods Avenue school goes much further than that – for she was a pupil there, too.
Staff colleagues and current and past pupils celebrated her contribution to the school with a series of events.
They included Mass at St Peter’s Church, an evening reception at the school, and a special assembly where children sang a selection of her favourite songs and presented her with gifts.
Head Mairead Waugh said: “The school would like to thank Theresa for her hard work, dedication and commitment to the school. May she have a long and happy retirement.”
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 4 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 5 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 6 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 7 Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat finally comes to Potters Bar's Wyllyotts Theatre
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 10 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital