Hatfield school brings in new interim executive head
- Credit: Archant
A Hatfield school has announced its new interim executive headteacher following the sudden resignation of its headteacher just after half term.
Onslow St Audrey’s has welcomed David Croston, headteacher of Chancellor’s School in Brookmans Park.
Chairman of the governors Raymond Little said: “Following Mr Harpham’s recent decision to leave the school with immediate effect, the governing body are pleased to announce that David Croston will join us as interim executive headteacher on a part-time basis.
“He will be working with Joelle Casotti, our deputy headteacher who is acting headteacher, and our senior leadership team, two days a week whilst also continuing in his role at Chancellor’s School.
“We are extremely fortunate in securing Mr Croston’s services because of the calibre of his leadership.
“His track record includes the transformation of Chancellor’s School to an Ofsted recognised ‘Good’ school and in addition, he has specialist understanding of the local education environment.
“Mr Croston will divide his time between both schools, providing an excellent opportunity to strengthen the existing relationship between the two schools and better share best practice so that we can deliver outstanding outcomes for all of our students.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 10 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
“I would like to extend the Governing Body’s thanks to Mr Croston for providing his support and expertise to Onslow St Audrey’s whilst we conduct a rigorous interview process to secure the highest quality candidate for the role of headteacher.”