Hatfield school brings in new interim executive head
- Credit: Archant
A Hatfield school has announced its new interim executive headteacher following the sudden resignation of its headteacher just after half term.
Onslow St Audrey’s has welcomed David Croston, headteacher of Chancellor’s School in Brookmans Park.
Chairman of the governors Raymond Little said: “Following Mr Harpham’s recent decision to leave the school with immediate effect, the governing body are pleased to announce that David Croston will join us as interim executive headteacher on a part-time basis.
“He will be working with Joelle Casotti, our deputy headteacher who is acting headteacher, and our senior leadership team, two days a week whilst also continuing in his role at Chancellor’s School.
“We are extremely fortunate in securing Mr Croston’s services because of the calibre of his leadership.
You may also want to watch:
“His track record includes the transformation of Chancellor’s School to an Ofsted recognised ‘Good’ school and in addition, he has specialist understanding of the local education environment.
“Mr Croston will divide his time between both schools, providing an excellent opportunity to strengthen the existing relationship between the two schools and better share best practice so that we can deliver outstanding outcomes for all of our students.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
“I would like to extend the Governing Body’s thanks to Mr Croston for providing his support and expertise to Onslow St Audrey’s whilst we conduct a rigorous interview process to secure the highest quality candidate for the role of headteacher.”