Potters Bar pupils scoop Duke of Edinburgh’s Awards
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Potters Bar’s Dame Alice Owen’s School picked up prestigious awards at Buckingham Palace last week.
Twelve past students and two current pupils collected their Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Awards on Wednesday, May 24, in what was the Duke of Edinburgh’s last gold awards presentation before he retires fully this summer.
Miss Lord, Owen’s Duke of Edinburgh’s Award co-ordinator, said: “I was proud to be there – students work really hard to achieve their award, juggling many activities as well as a challenging study programme in the Sixth Form.”
Mrs English, Owen’s alumni relations manager, said: “Miss Lord takes over 130 students through the Bronze Level each year, with about 30 going on to Gold.
“They build on skills learnt on local expeditions in Year 10 to taking expeditions in Wild Country in Year 12.”
You may also want to watch:
Those awarded included Amish Jethwa, Jasmin Ranu, Harry Anderson, Emma McIntyre, Sophie Wilson, Adam Ashing, Hannah Marie Burkett, Eleanor Wright, Amari Korpal, Caitlin Creeley, Sophie Hallums, Emma Page, Alva Murphy, Sarah Fishwick.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022