County Council to provide guidance on next steps on GCSE results day
- Credit: Archant
Nervous teens anxiously awaiting their GCSE results have been assured there will be plenty of support available from the County Council to help them plan their next step.
Hertfordshire County Council’s Youth Connexions service will be running a Q&A on exam results on twitter @hertsjobs16to19 using the hashtag #YCResults15.
Alternatively, students are welcome to visit or make contact with personal advisers in Youth Connexions One Stop Shops and centres across the county. Full details are on the website at www.youthconnexions.org.
It is also possible to search for apprenticeships, further education courses and jobs on this site, and there is a Youth Connexions employment team that offers a free job matching service on 0800 389 3258.
David Williams, cabinet member for education, said: “I’d like to wish Hertfordshire’s students the very best, and hope that you are not feeling too anxious or stressed.
“Whatever the outcome when those envelopes were opened, I’d like to reassure you and your parents that there are plenty of options available.
“Dedicated people will be on-hand to give you all the advice you need.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 4 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 5 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 6 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 7 Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat finally comes to Potters Bar's Wyllyotts Theatre
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 10 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
“Schools will have members of staff available to talk through your choices – whether you’ve exceeded your expectations, had a change of heart about what to do next or if the news isn’t what you hoped.”
David added: “Whatever you decide, I hope you have an enjoyable summer and wish you all the best for the future.”