Cool arts school in Hatfield for the summer
A BUDDING Jeff Banks, Donatella Versace, Giorgio Armani or Vivienne Westwood?
Well a new upcoming programme at the University of Hertfordshire is the place for you.
The Hatfield-based university’s School of Art and Design will teach you how to design, customise and make a summer outfit.
For both boys and girls, aged eight to 17, Fashionscool! is just one of the many summer fun courses being organised for youngsters at the uni during the holidays.
The three day taster session is being run by fully qualified artists, art teachers and experienced youth workers and runs from Monday, August 2 to Wednesday, August 4.
You may also want to watch:
Patricia Bryan, the project development officer for art and design at the university, said the aim is to offer an experience of fashion school and an insight into the disciplines and careers within the fast paced world of fashion.
“These courses develop creative ideas and use new technologies,” she said.
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 7 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
“From drawing and painting to short film animation or experimenting with the latest music software, there will be something for everyone.”