Cool arts school in Hatfield for the summer
A BUDDING Jeff Banks, Donatella Versace, Giorgio Armani or Vivienne Westwood?
Well a new upcoming programme at the University of Hertfordshire is the place for you.
The Hatfield-based university’s School of Art and Design will teach you how to design, customise and make a summer outfit.
For both boys and girls, aged eight to 17, Fashionscool! is just one of the many summer fun courses being organised for youngsters at the uni during the holidays.
The three day taster session is being run by fully qualified artists, art teachers and experienced youth workers and runs from Monday, August 2 to Wednesday, August 4.
Patricia Bryan, the project development officer for art and design at the university, said the aim is to offer an experience of fashion school and an insight into the disciplines and careers within the fast paced world of fashion.
“These courses develop creative ideas and use new technologies,” she said.
- 1 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 2 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 'Tesco must tackle blight of trolley-dumping in Potters Bar'
- 5 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 8 Champions! Old Owens going up after securing title
- 9 Pictures of Paloma Faith and special guest Sam Ryder at Hatfield Park concert
- 10 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
“From drawing and painting to short film animation or experimenting with the latest music software, there will be something for everyone.”