Cool arts school in Hatfield for the summer
A BUDDING Jeff Banks, Donatella Versace, Giorgio Armani or Vivienne Westwood?
Well a new upcoming programme at the University of Hertfordshire is the place for you.
The Hatfield-based university’s School of Art and Design will teach you how to design, customise and make a summer outfit.
For both boys and girls, aged eight to 17, Fashionscool! is just one of the many summer fun courses being organised for youngsters at the uni during the holidays.
The three day taster session is being run by fully qualified artists, art teachers and experienced youth workers and runs from Monday, August 2 to Wednesday, August 4.
You may also want to watch:
Patricia Bryan, the project development officer for art and design at the university, said the aim is to offer an experience of fashion school and an insight into the disciplines and careers within the fast paced world of fashion.
“These courses develop creative ideas and use new technologies,” she said.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 4 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 5 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 6 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 7 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
“From drawing and painting to short film animation or experimenting with the latest music software, there will be something for everyone.”