Cool arts school in Hatfield for the summer
A BUDDING Jeff Banks, Donatella Versace, Giorgio Armani or Vivienne Westwood?
Well a new upcoming programme at the University of Hertfordshire is the place for you.
The Hatfield-based university’s School of Art and Design will teach you how to design, customise and make a summer outfit.
For both boys and girls, aged eight to 17, Fashionscool! is just one of the many summer fun courses being organised for youngsters at the uni during the holidays.
The three day taster session is being run by fully qualified artists, art teachers and experienced youth workers and runs from Monday, August 2 to Wednesday, August 4.
You may also want to watch:
Patricia Bryan, the project development officer for art and design at the university, said the aim is to offer an experience of fashion school and an insight into the disciplines and careers within the fast paced world of fashion.
“These courses develop creative ideas and use new technologies,” she said.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 8 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 9 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“From drawing and painting to short film animation or experimenting with the latest music software, there will be something for everyone.”