Controversial food film in WGC
A CONTROVERSIAL, Oscar-nominated documentary is to be shown in WGC.
Food, Inc. is a film by American director Robert Kenner that examines the truth behind coorporate farming in the US.
It details the hidden practices behind the country’s food supply, depicting shocking images of animal cruelty, food contamination and use of chemicals and pesticides.
Unsurprisingly, it has incurred the wrath of large American food companies, who claim the film is biased and one sided.
But it has garnered considerable praise from critics and Hollywood celebrities, leading to an Oscar nomination for best documentary at the Academy Awards earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
It has been compared to Al Gore’s award-winning An Inconvenient Truth, and was made by the same producers.
Food, Inc. is being promoted in the UK by the Soil Association, a charity promoting environmentally friendly food and farming across the world.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn
The film will be screened at Campus West in WGC next Thursday, April 8, at 8pm.
Tickets cost �3.50 or �6.50. Concessions are �2.50 or �5.50.
Call Campus West on 01707 357117 for tickets.