Chemist opens on University of Hertfordshire campus
THE morning-after pill, pregnancy tests and chlamydia screening will be among services on offer at a new pharmacy located at the University of Hertfordshire.
Students and staff will be able to take advantage of the new facility at the Hatfield-based uni – one of the first in the country to open up a chemists on campus.
The pharmacy will provide a full range of over-the-counter services, limited prescriptions and general health and nutrition information.
It will be managed by staff at the uni’s school of pharmacy, and will aim to enhance clinical training of pharmacy and healthcare students.
The pharmacy can be found on the uni’s College Lane campus, near the Forum.
You may also want to watch:
It is open from 10am to 4pm, Mondays to Fridays.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 10 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education