CBeebies presenter goes bananas at Potters Bar schools
A CHILDREN’S TV presenter dropped in on two Potters Bar schools to promote a forthcoming half-term show in the town.
Andy Day, a favourite on CBeebies, was joined by his long-term comedy partner Mike James to visit Oakmere and Cranborne primary schools.
The duo will be performing their comedy show Andy and Mike’s Big Box of Bananas at the Wyllyotts Theatre next weekend.
And last Wednesday they got youngsters at the two schools, in Chace Avenue and Laurel Fields respectively, in the mood for laughing.
Wyllyotts marketing manager Debbie Wiltshire said: “They’re very, very hands on with the show and promote it themselves.
You may also want to watch:
“It was good for the children and gave them an introduction to live theatre.
“The guys gave a little taster with a 10-minute performance and a few gags to wind the kids up. It was really good.”
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 7 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 8 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
* The show, aimed at youngsters aged four to 11, takes place at 11am on Saturday, October 30.
Tickets cost �8.50, and �7.50 for children.
To book, call the box office on 01707 645005 or click on the link above right.