CBeebies presenter goes bananas at Potters Bar schools
A CHILDREN’S TV presenter dropped in on two Potters Bar schools to promote a forthcoming half-term show in the town.
Andy Day, a favourite on CBeebies, was joined by his long-term comedy partner Mike James to visit Oakmere and Cranborne primary schools.
The duo will be performing their comedy show Andy and Mike’s Big Box of Bananas at the Wyllyotts Theatre next weekend.
And last Wednesday they got youngsters at the two schools, in Chace Avenue and Laurel Fields respectively, in the mood for laughing.
Wyllyotts marketing manager Debbie Wiltshire said: “They’re very, very hands on with the show and promote it themselves.
“It was good for the children and gave them an introduction to live theatre.
“The guys gave a little taster with a 10-minute performance and a few gags to wind the kids up. It was really good.”
- 1 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 2 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 3 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 4 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Officers to tackle Potters Bar Nitrous Oxide sales as part of policing priorities
- 7 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hertfordshire County Council will fund free summer activity camps for children in the Welwyn Hatfield area
- 9 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 10 Change to come as councillor succeeds in climate emergency push
* The show, aimed at youngsters aged four to 11, takes place at 11am on Saturday, October 30.
Tickets cost �8.50, and �7.50 for children.
To book, call the box office on 01707 645005 or click on the link above right.