Campaigners urge residents to stand up against Hatfield incinerator
ANTI-INCINERATOR campaigners are urging residents to make their feelings clear to the company building the facility, during a two-day exhibition of the proposals to be held next month.
Veolia is holding a public display of its plans for the 350,000-tonne incinerator on June 8 and 9, at New Barnfield, and residents living close to the Travellers Lane site have received leaflets through their doors inviting them to the exhibition.
And campaigners from Hatfield Against Incineration (HAI) want as many people to go along to the event as possible, to tell Veolia how much they don’t want any waste facility on the site.
HAI’s Cathy Roe said: “Veolia clearly wanted to keep this event as low profile as possible. We need to make it clear to them the strength of local opposition to this crazy plan so we urge everyone who can make the sessions to come along and just say no.
“People power can work, we can make it clear to them that we will not stop until they change their plans and deliver a sensible solution to the county’s waste.”
You may also want to watch:
HAI is also planning a full-time protest outside the site, and is encouraging residents to come forward and make a stand.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre