Bursary scheme at Welwyn Garden City’s Oaklands College
A BURSARY scheme has been introduced at Oaklands College, which has a campus in Welwyn Garden City, to help people afford education.
With the cost of learning increasing in the current challenging economic climate the college has taken the step to help hard-pressed families out.
The new bursary scheme and free travel service will see students get in excess of �250 each to go towards the cost of going to college.
The college is also running two free bus services with the 601 and 615 linking up large portions of Hertfordshire and north London.
Oaklands principal Zoe Hancock said: “We are committed to ensuring that education opportunities are available to everyone and the bursary scheme will help remove financial barriers to gaining important qualifications and enabling access to employment.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We understand that there are increasing financial pressures on families but it is important that all have access to education.”
? For more information please visit the link at the top right of this page.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 10 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility