Bursary scheme at Welwyn Garden City’s Oaklands College
A BURSARY scheme has been introduced at Oaklands College, which has a campus in Welwyn Garden City, to help people afford education.
With the cost of learning increasing in the current challenging economic climate the college has taken the step to help hard-pressed families out.
The new bursary scheme and free travel service will see students get in excess of �250 each to go towards the cost of going to college.
The college is also running two free bus services with the 601 and 615 linking up large portions of Hertfordshire and north London.
Oaklands principal Zoe Hancock said: “We are committed to ensuring that education opportunities are available to everyone and the bursary scheme will help remove financial barriers to gaining important qualifications and enabling access to employment.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We understand that there are increasing financial pressures on families but it is important that all have access to education.”
? For more information please visit the link at the top right of this page.
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 Riding charity holds online art and photography competition