Budding Potters Bar artists win Christmas card competition
- Credit: Archant
Christmas came early for a pair of budding Potters Bar artists, as they won prizes in a Yuletide card competition.
More than 300 children from schools across the borough took part in the annual art contest to design Hertsmere Borough Council’s official Christmas greeting.
The standard of entries was so high that five, rather than the usual three, winners were chosen by Hertsmere mayor, Cllr Paul Morris OBE, and his wife Linda.
Zoe Dewberry, eight, from Ladbrooke JMI School in Potters Bar, scooped second prize for her comical design of Santa stuck in a chimney with the caption ‘Oh no! Too many mince pies’.
The card will be sent electronically to other civic dignitaries and community organisations.
You may also want to watch:
Third prize went to Jasmine Summer Harryman, nine, also from Ladbrooke JMI School, who drew a pretty Christmas village scene.
First place went to a pupil from Borehamwood.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 7 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
All the winners attended a ceremony at the council’s Civic Offices in Borehamwood, where they were presented with a certificate, gift voucher, a large poster version of their drawing and a set of cards of their own design to give to friends and family.
Councillor Morris said: “This is the eighth year the council has run a Christmas card competition and each year we seem to get more and more entries.
“We enjoyed looking through all of the designs as it was lovely to see so many children put the effort in.
“It was difficult choosing the winners but the five winning cards stood out for us.
“Well done to all the winners and a big thank you goes to all the children and schools who took part.”
Little Heath Primary School, in Potters Bar, and St Giles’ C of E Primary School, in South Mimms, also took part in the festive competition.