Brookmans Park school celebrates 120th birthday with Barbican concert
- Credit: Archant
A Brookmans Park school will celebrate its 120th anniversary on Wednesday with a special concert in London.
Pupils from Queenswood School will take part in an extravaganza of music, drama and dance at the Barbican Hall.
West End star Melanie Marshall will sing a mezzo-soprano solo while the Queenswood Festival Chorus and Orchestra, which features singers and players from the school, accompanies her.
The first half of the evenings programme will also feature a reworking of the school’s 2010 production of a William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Students throughout the school will take part in the production which takes place in a 1970s nightclub and is set to a soundtrack of disco hits.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Pauline Edgar said: “I am thrilled that our girls have the opportunity to showcase their dramatic and musical talent in such a wonderful venue.
“It’s 20 years since Queenswood last performed at the Barbican, and we wanted to do something bigger and better than ever to celebrate our special anniversary.
- 1 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 2 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 3 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 4 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 5 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 6 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 7 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 10 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
“The girls and staff have been working tremendously hard all term to make it a truly memorable occasion.”
Tickets are now on sale for this unique event via the Barbican website.
The Box Office telephone number is 020 7638 8891.