Brookmans Park pupils go Dutch!
PUPILS at a Brookmans Park school enjoyed a day of fun activities with youngsters from the Hatfield twin town of Zierikzee, Holland.
On Thursday, a group of 50 pupils and staff from Pontes Peter Zeeman School visited Chancellor’s School in Brookmans Park for a number of cross-curricular activities, including a maths challenge, history and geography quiz, rounders and basketball.
The day was rounded off with a traditional English supper of fish and chips, followed by a music concert with performances from sixth-form students.
A spokeswoman for the Pine Grove school said: “International links help pupils gain invaluable life experience and develop their skills in PHSE and citizenship, geography, English, art and more.
“Through linking our school can then support the The Global Dimension, Every Child Matters and the school development plan.
“It was a very enjoyable day.”
Jan Brokke, leader of the Zierikzee party, has been involved in the exchanges since the early 1980s.
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 5 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 6 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 7 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 8 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 9 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 10 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
He said: “Zierikzee and Hatfield have been twin towns for a very long time but this is the first time our schools have met.
“We thank the teachers and pupils of Chancellor’s School for the warm welcome.
“We enjoyed our visit very much [and] hope to continue the exchange in the future.”