Bid to tackle noisy University of Hertfordshire students celebrating end of exams
A NOISE nuisance call out service is being extended to cover the end of exams for University of Hertfordshire students.
For three weeks from Monday, Welwyn Hatfield Council and the University of Hertfordshire will provide the service from 10pm to 3am Sundays to Thursdays.
Operation Reprise, the year-round noise service the council operates with the police, will operate as normal on Friday and Saturday nights.
Cllr Mandy Perkins said: “Some instances of noise nuisance can be resolved by a request to simply ‘turn the volume down’ but where necessary, we have powers to intervene, mediate and – if necessary – take action.
“For the end of exam period, we have worked with the university to provide an extended service.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope this will address residents’ concerns that end-of-exam boisterousness doesn’t become a cause of distress and upset.”
To report any late-night noise disturbances, call 0800 111 4484 (Sun-Thur) or 0845 33 00 222 (Fri-Sat).
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 7 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 8 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station