Bid to tackle noisy University of Hertfordshire students celebrating end of exams
A NOISE nuisance call out service is being extended to cover the end of exams for University of Hertfordshire students.
For three weeks from Monday, Welwyn Hatfield Council and the University of Hertfordshire will provide the service from 10pm to 3am Sundays to Thursdays.
Operation Reprise, the year-round noise service the council operates with the police, will operate as normal on Friday and Saturday nights.
Cllr Mandy Perkins said: “Some instances of noise nuisance can be resolved by a request to simply ‘turn the volume down’ but where necessary, we have powers to intervene, mediate and – if necessary – take action.
“For the end of exam period, we have worked with the university to provide an extended service.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope this will address residents’ concerns that end-of-exam boisterousness doesn’t become a cause of distress and upset.”
To report any late-night noise disturbances, call 0800 111 4484 (Sun-Thur) or 0845 33 00 222 (Fri-Sat).
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 4 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 5 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 6 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 7 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?