Bid to tackle noisy University of Hertfordshire students celebrating end of exams
A NOISE nuisance call out service is being extended to cover the end of exams for University of Hertfordshire students.
For three weeks from Monday, Welwyn Hatfield Council and the University of Hertfordshire will provide the service from 10pm to 3am Sundays to Thursdays.
Operation Reprise, the year-round noise service the council operates with the police, will operate as normal on Friday and Saturday nights.
Cllr Mandy Perkins said: “Some instances of noise nuisance can be resolved by a request to simply ‘turn the volume down’ but where necessary, we have powers to intervene, mediate and – if necessary – take action.
“For the end of exam period, we have worked with the university to provide an extended service.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope this will address residents’ concerns that end-of-exam boisterousness doesn’t become a cause of distress and upset.”
To report any late-night noise disturbances, call 0800 111 4484 (Sun-Thur) or 0845 33 00 222 (Fri-Sat).
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told