Bid to tackle noisy University of Hertfordshire students celebrating end of exams
A NOISE nuisance call out service is being extended to cover the end of exams for University of Hertfordshire students.
For three weeks from Monday, Welwyn Hatfield Council and the University of Hertfordshire will provide the service from 10pm to 3am Sundays to Thursdays.
Operation Reprise, the year-round noise service the council operates with the police, will operate as normal on Friday and Saturday nights.
Cllr Mandy Perkins said: “Some instances of noise nuisance can be resolved by a request to simply ‘turn the volume down’ but where necessary, we have powers to intervene, mediate and – if necessary – take action.
“For the end of exam period, we have worked with the university to provide an extended service.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope this will address residents’ concerns that end-of-exam boisterousness doesn’t become a cause of distress and upset.”
To report any late-night noise disturbances, call 0800 111 4484 (Sun-Thur) or 0845 33 00 222 (Fri-Sat).
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 4 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night