Baby College classes for your tiny boffin in Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Heather Birt
Baby classes with a difference are opening in Welwyn Garden City - where the parents learn as much as the kids.
St Albans mum Heather Birt is opening a Baby College, a weekly programme for parents and their babies about infant development.
With all the kids’ activities, games and songs one might expect at a nursery, the emphasis is equally on engaging mums and dads and boosting their parenting confidence, knowledge and skills.
The Baby College scheme was devised by an associate of the Institute of Neuro-Physiological Psychology, who looked at how early years activities contribute to a child’s development.
Heather and her partner Gavin went to Baby College with their son Joshua in Oxfordshire, and loved the experience so much Heather decided to open the mid-Herts franchise, serving Welwyn Garden City, St Albans and Harpenden.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We both loved the sessions and took away many ideas for play, new songs to sing and valuable information about infant development and parenting.”
The Backhouse Room in Handside Lane will host the weekly classes with a maximum of 15 tots in each class, plus their parents or guardians.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide
- 10 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
Heather explained that the classes “are a fun mix of physical, multi-sensory and cognitive games, exercises and activities including music, dancing, baby signing and loads more.
“The child development topics, covering subjects including brain development, infant reflexes, the vestibular system, language acquisition and visual development, among many others are so fascinating – they really help parents to enjoy and appreciate their growing child fully.”
Welwyn mum Jen Winchester, who has been attending classes in St Albans, said: “Baby College classes are so varied - there are weekly Insight topics which cover fascinating facts around different areas of babies development, as well as signing, songs, music and a colour or shape theme each week.
“Heather is so enthusiastic and engaging with all of the babies!”
Classes cost £7.20 per session and can be booked a term in advance.
For further details, see http://babycollege.co.uk/mid-herts/3773740