Baby College classes for your tiny boffin in Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Heather Birt
Baby classes with a difference are opening in Welwyn Garden City - where the parents learn as much as the kids.
St Albans mum Heather Birt is opening a Baby College, a weekly programme for parents and their babies about infant development.
With all the kids’ activities, games and songs one might expect at a nursery, the emphasis is equally on engaging mums and dads and boosting their parenting confidence, knowledge and skills.
The Baby College scheme was devised by an associate of the Institute of Neuro-Physiological Psychology, who looked at how early years activities contribute to a child’s development.
Heather and her partner Gavin went to Baby College with their son Joshua in Oxfordshire, and loved the experience so much Heather decided to open the mid-Herts franchise, serving Welwyn Garden City, St Albans and Harpenden.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We both loved the sessions and took away many ideas for play, new songs to sing and valuable information about infant development and parenting.”
The Backhouse Room in Handside Lane will host the weekly classes with a maximum of 15 tots in each class, plus their parents or guardians.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
Heather explained that the classes “are a fun mix of physical, multi-sensory and cognitive games, exercises and activities including music, dancing, baby signing and loads more.
“The child development topics, covering subjects including brain development, infant reflexes, the vestibular system, language acquisition and visual development, among many others are so fascinating – they really help parents to enjoy and appreciate their growing child fully.”
Welwyn mum Jen Winchester, who has been attending classes in St Albans, said: “Baby College classes are so varied - there are weekly Insight topics which cover fascinating facts around different areas of babies development, as well as signing, songs, music and a colour or shape theme each week.
“Heather is so enthusiastic and engaging with all of the babies!”
Classes cost £7.20 per session and can be booked a term in advance.
For further details, see http://babycollege.co.uk/mid-herts/3773740