Award-winning photo on display in Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
A shot by a Welwyn Garden City photographer which won an international competition is among a selection of photos that have gone on display in the town.
Kate Wentworth’s photo, which won a Royal Photographic Society monthly competition, is included in an exhibition at the New Maynard Gallery at Campus West.
It opened on Thursday, and will run until May 1, with 60 photos on display from around 30 members of the WGC Photo Club.
Club chairman Colin Mahoney said: “Hopefully, the real mix of subjects on display highlights the wide range of our member’s interests.”
Ceramic artist Nicholas Howard also has work on display in the gallery cabinets.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition was officially opened by councillor Les Page, deputy mayor of Welwyn Hatfield.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre