Award for electrical engineer who qualified in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
An electronics wizard who recently graduated from Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire has won a national award for his efforts to inspire other young engineers.
Emilio Mistretta, who gained a first class degree in computer and network technology, has won the BrightSparks Design Engineer Award in a scheme organised by Electronics Weekly and RS Components, which has a partnership deal with the university.
The award recognises his efforts to train young engineers and students throughout the UK and Europe.
Emilio said: “It is a great honour to receive this award and to be recognised for my contribution as a young electrical engineer. My role working as an RS DesignSpark trainer has allowed me to pass on my knowledge and encourage many young people to get into electronics.
“One of my key aims has always been to teach participants that they can really have fun with engineering whilst learning at the same time.”
You may also want to watch:
Senior lecturer Johann Siau said: “Emilio was an exemplar student when he was studying at the University of Hertfordshire. His strong determination in his studies and respect to others are his strong traits. Emilio has been instrumental in the support of the RS University Programme at the University of Hertfordshire.”
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced