Award for electrical engineer who qualified in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
An electronics wizard who recently graduated from Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire has won a national award for his efforts to inspire other young engineers.
Emilio Mistretta, who gained a first class degree in computer and network technology, has won the BrightSparks Design Engineer Award in a scheme organised by Electronics Weekly and RS Components, which has a partnership deal with the university.
The award recognises his efforts to train young engineers and students throughout the UK and Europe.
Emilio said: “It is a great honour to receive this award and to be recognised for my contribution as a young electrical engineer. My role working as an RS DesignSpark trainer has allowed me to pass on my knowledge and encourage many young people to get into electronics.
“One of my key aims has always been to teach participants that they can really have fun with engineering whilst learning at the same time.”
You may also want to watch:
Senior lecturer Johann Siau said: “Emilio was an exemplar student when he was studying at the University of Hertfordshire. His strong determination in his studies and respect to others are his strong traits. Emilio has been instrumental in the support of the RS University Programme at the University of Hertfordshire.”
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 6 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022