Award for electrical engineer who qualified in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
An electronics wizard who recently graduated from Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire has won a national award for his efforts to inspire other young engineers.
Emilio Mistretta, who gained a first class degree in computer and network technology, has won the BrightSparks Design Engineer Award in a scheme organised by Electronics Weekly and RS Components, which has a partnership deal with the university.
The award recognises his efforts to train young engineers and students throughout the UK and Europe.
Emilio said: “It is a great honour to receive this award and to be recognised for my contribution as a young electrical engineer. My role working as an RS DesignSpark trainer has allowed me to pass on my knowledge and encourage many young people to get into electronics.
“One of my key aims has always been to teach participants that they can really have fun with engineering whilst learning at the same time.”
You may also want to watch:
Senior lecturer Johann Siau said: “Emilio was an exemplar student when he was studying at the University of Hertfordshire. His strong determination in his studies and respect to others are his strong traits. Emilio has been instrumental in the support of the RS University Programme at the University of Hertfordshire.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 3 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town