Award for electrical engineer who qualified in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
An electronics wizard who recently graduated from Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire has won a national award for his efforts to inspire other young engineers.
Emilio Mistretta, who gained a first class degree in computer and network technology, has won the BrightSparks Design Engineer Award in a scheme organised by Electronics Weekly and RS Components, which has a partnership deal with the university.
The award recognises his efforts to train young engineers and students throughout the UK and Europe.
Emilio said: “It is a great honour to receive this award and to be recognised for my contribution as a young electrical engineer. My role working as an RS DesignSpark trainer has allowed me to pass on my knowledge and encourage many young people to get into electronics.
“One of my key aims has always been to teach participants that they can really have fun with engineering whilst learning at the same time.”
Senior lecturer Johann Siau said: “Emilio was an exemplar student when he was studying at the University of Hertfordshire. His strong determination in his studies and respect to others are his strong traits. Emilio has been instrumental in the support of the RS University Programme at the University of Hertfordshire.”
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Council fights for lower housing targets in Local Plan
- 4 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 7 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 10 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby