Award for electrical engineer who qualified in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
An electronics wizard who recently graduated from Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire has won a national award for his efforts to inspire other young engineers.
Emilio Mistretta, who gained a first class degree in computer and network technology, has won the BrightSparks Design Engineer Award in a scheme organised by Electronics Weekly and RS Components, which has a partnership deal with the university.
The award recognises his efforts to train young engineers and students throughout the UK and Europe.
Emilio said: “It is a great honour to receive this award and to be recognised for my contribution as a young electrical engineer. My role working as an RS DesignSpark trainer has allowed me to pass on my knowledge and encourage many young people to get into electronics.
“One of my key aims has always been to teach participants that they can really have fun with engineering whilst learning at the same time.”
You may also want to watch:
Senior lecturer Johann Siau said: “Emilio was an exemplar student when he was studying at the University of Hertfordshire. His strong determination in his studies and respect to others are his strong traits. Emilio has been instrumental in the support of the RS University Programme at the University of Hertfordshire.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes