Apprenticeships for Welwyn Hatfield jobseekers
TEENAGERS searching to start a career could be in luck, as a garden centre has offered youngsters the chance to get their hands dirty.
An apprenticeship scheme has just been launched by Codicote Garden Centre, on the village’s High Street, for people aged over 16.
Manager Don Ellwood said he was “delighted” to be offering the scheme – a first for the horticultural industry – which he described as a “great opportunity”.
He added: “The apprenticeship will combine a blended learning approach with full integration into the garden centre.
“Knowledge-based learning will be accessed online, while college-based classes, which will take place at selected horticultural colleges, will develop the apprentices’ practical skills. These will then be put into practice in the workplace.”
You may also want to watch:
All apprentices who successfully complete the programme will receive a work-based Diploma in Horticulture.
The 12-month programme includes an apprenticeship wage, which is dependent on age. A ‘celebration bonus’ of �500 will also be paid to those who complete the scheme.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 4 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 7 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
After 12 months, higher level apprenticeships, linked to the management development strategy of the garden centre, will be available to successful candidates, subject to application.
Don said: “There are excellent career benefits for people who do an apprenticeship as they can combine the experience of working with gaining qualifications. Apprentices learn on the job, building up knowledge and skills, gaining qualifications and earning money all at the same time.”
The centre is currently recruiting for the July to September intake and the closing date for registration is Tuesday, July 31.
For an application form to register email email@example.com
For more information about the firm call 01438 820433.