All calm at Potters Bar school
CHILDREN at one Potters Bar school are able to enjoy a new therapeutic space for learning thanks to a county councillor.
Wroxham School was awarded �350 from councillor John Usher’s locality budget towards the cost of a new sensory room.
The room provides a calm, quiet space for special needs children.
The funding will pay for equipment such as coloured lighting, blinds and toys for sensory enhancement.
Cllr Usher said: “Wroxham School does a great deal to support the families of children with additional needs and I recognise the importance of routine and quiet spaces for children who find day-to-day life exhausting.”
You may also want to watch:
“I’m happy to help such an inclusive school and the children who will use this room.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 What time will the election results come in?
- 5 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison