Al fresco learning for pupils at a Potters Bar school
- Credit: Archant
A Potters Bar school is offering al fresco education all year round.
Thanks to a new canopy, children at Ladbrooke School, in Watkins Rise, can now enjoy learning outside whatever the weather.
Karen Friend, reception teacher at the school for eight years, wanted a durable, low-maintenance canopy installed outside her classroom.
She said: “The space we wanted to cover was an obscure shape on a slope, so the product needed to be made to fit.”
Firm, Able Canopies, was enlisted to solve the problem and Karen said it came up with “a great solution”.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It enables the children’s lessons to flow from inside to outside learning opportunities with ease and provides some protection from the sun, rain and snow.
“Many parents and governors have commented on how nice the canopy is and how much space it has given us access to – all year round.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign